Monday 28 July 2008

My Lovely Raw Pet Rats!



We have 3 lovely female rats named Coco, Suma and Poppy. We feed them raw foods as they are the best foods nutritionally for all animals on the planet.

Each day I set out a raw banquet for them and they are healthy, energetic and have silky fur.
Occasionally, we give them a little box of wheatgrass to dig in the mud for the wheatberries. They also like to chew the grass.

Today's menu
pomegranate
mung beans
chick peas
lettuce
sunflower sprouts
nori
mixed grains

2 comments:

  1. AWW! Your rats are absolutely adorable! My sister has 7 rats right now (we only had 2 but one of them had kittens!). The rats we have now have never known premade rat food, but our first two rats (R.I.P.), the poor things, were on that for most of their lives before we started making our own rat food! They get some dried fruits and seeds, plus lots of fresh fruits and vegetables! I'll have to try the wheat-grass - I bet they would LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess, yes I think a natural raw diet will help animals as much as humans. They are doing very well and enjoying their food.

    ReplyDelete