Monday 25 February 2008

Keeping Warm

I was feeling pretty cold today as the weather has been non-stop heavy rain and being the middle of February, pretty cold winds too. I had been eating small amounts of fruit and a vegetable mix. When I had some chocolate I got a little warmer. It wasn't until I had my rich spicy tomato soup that I truly warmed up. Here is the recipe if you need to warm your bones wherever you are.

2 large tomatoes
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 courgette
1 teaspoon coconut oil
2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp turmeric
knob ginger
a couple of slices of onion
1 tsp unpasteurized miso
dash sea salt or to taste
pinch cayenne

Put ingredients into a blender and add warm water to the same level as the veggies. Blend until smooth and creamy.

1 comment: